Saturday, January 18, 2014

Recovery Update

Nimbus is doing well these days. Tomorrow, he will take the last of his pain killers/anti-inflammatory medication. The antibacterial will end on Monday evening. Last night, we noticed his purple stitches were more prominently showing, and Chris suggested that as the wound closed that they were being pushed out. But, I'm worried that he's messing with them. We can't watch him 24/7, but what if he does pull them out? We'll be back to where we started. It's just a headache.

He gets his stitches taken out on Thursday at 8:45 a.m. So, we have just under a week left to go. I've been slowly adding features back into his cage. Yesterday morning, I screwed in his pink lava ledge, which he's been very appreciative of. I also moved his metal hay holder, which dangles from the ceiling on a chain, to its normal location beside the lava ledge. He loves sitting up there, munching on hay. I also placed his Chinchiller back on the top floor next to his cuddle ledge. Gradually, his life is returning to normal. Personally, I believe the faster the better, but I don't want him to become overwhelmed.

For not taking a full body dust bath, his fur is surprisingly fluffy and clean. I'm sure he's grooming himself more without that dust bath. Furthermore, I know I complained earlier about losing our bond because I was sick and had to stay away from him. I shouldn't have complained. This injury has brought us closer together, but if that's what it took for him to bond, then I'd rather have never bonded at all. At least then he would have stayed safe and healthy.

Nimbus recovering.  His lava ledge and hay feeder are on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment