Sunday, January 26, 2014

An Interesting Article about Chinchillas

I decided to scroll through Google News to see if there were any interesting articles about chinchillas. Maybe there was a new discovery, a recent recommendation on care or a newsworthy chinchilla-related incident in the past few weeks. Here's what I found:

This is an article from The Standard in China. The story, titled "How raisin got my chins wagging," is written by Georgina Noyce, and it was published on January 14. The narrative provides a quick look at how chinchillas can pick up specific phrases from their owners.

"Laughing at a recent article about owner/trainers who have taught their border collie to understand more than 1,000 words - including elements of grammar, based on the use of the dog's toys - I looked down at my lot and wondered where to start.

In the past, my chinchillas (chins) learned a few basic words - bed, home, raisin, no, up, down, here - and all the dogs and cats have a basic grasp of the words most relevant to them."

Read the rest of the story HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment