Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day from Nimbus and me! 

We love you for reading!
Nimbus is full of energy tonight, running around like he's got a secret Valentine of his own! Since his birthday, Nimbus has had good days and bad days. He's off the medication, and everything is back to normal. However, he sat sullenly on the dining room chair nearly every night for the past week. His fuzzy face had a dejected look pasted on it like he'd never be happy again. Once, he even fell asleep and it was 9 or 10 at night! He's had me pretty worried, but tonight, he's up to his usual tricks and scampering around the house like a proper chinchilla!

We're all going a bit stir crazy, to be honest. Snow fell for over 24 hours straight the other day, and we got a total of six inches, which is a lot for North Carolina. Nimbus enjoyed the snow! He decided it was quite delicious indeed!

The next morning, we let Sansa out as usual but this time, we brought Sparta along, too. You can tell that Sparta is a pampered indoor cat, who likes to believe that he's a wild tiger. He begs to be let outside, and then when I finally do, this is how he acts. Oh, Sparta!


I'm sorry I haven't been writing more - other than a few blurbs here and there. I've been focusing on my fiction writing lately. I want to work on it every day. Today, I got a huge chunk written, which is great because I was too under the weather yesterday to get anything done. I've gotten over that hurdle of "uh, what do I write now to get to Point C?" Now, that I'm past that point, I can start enjoying the process again and get these characters in a real pickle. It's been great for that these last few days. But, I promise to return to you all very soon. I have a whooper of a post to write about cages with a follow-up on cage accessories! That is coming, I promise, I promise, along with more of Nimbus's birthday videos!!

Hey, if you're following Chris and I with learning about some animals every day --- we're on American Woodcock, anaconda and Andean goose.

Also, I have some BIG news coming up!!!! Stay tuned! It's going to change a whole lot in Nimbus's and Sparta's life as well as mine!

Follow us on Twitter @ChillWithNimbus

No comments:

Post a Comment